Fitness isn’t just physical anymore– it’s technological, too! With the rise of technology in fitness and wearable fitness technology, it’s easier than ever to track your progress. Gym tech can help you monitor your step count, sleep, recovery, and heart rate to optimize your daily effort.
Today, we’re sharing five of our favorite health and fitness technology products so that you can maximize every workout.
Apple Watch Series 7
The new Apple Watch Series 7 seamlessly integrates with Apple products, making it an ideal choice for iPhone users. The Apple Watch:
- Monitors your blood oxygen
- Takes ECGs
- Notifies you in case of high, low, or irregular heart activity
- Detects falls
- Tracks sleep
- Offers mindfulness exercises
- Tracks movement and calories burned
The Apple Watch is waterproof, so if swimming is your favorite way to move, you can track your performance underwater and on land.
Fitbit Charge 5
As the name implies, Fitbit was created with fitness tracking in mind. The sleek watch offers up to seven days of battery life and:
- Monitors electrodermal activity (EDA) to measure your body’s response to stress
- Performs ECGs
- Tracks heart rate variability
- Checks blood oxygen level
- Tracks breathing rate
- Assesses whether your body needs rest or a workout
- Monitors sleep
Fitbit bakes GPS capability into their products. When you wear a Fitbit, you can go phone-free on your outdoor runs while still mapping your route and tracking your time and heart rate throughout the workout.
Garmin vívosmart 5
Garmin is a trusted name in GPS technology. Their vívosmart 5 fitness tracker monitors:
- Pulse ox
- Heart rate
- Energy (so you know when to push and when to rest)
- Women’s health
- Fitness age (by measuring your activity, resting heart rate, and BMI, Garmin can determine whether your body is older or younger than you are)
With activity profiles for several different types of exercise, you can accurately track your daily fitness.
Polar Pacer Pro
Polar Pacer Pro is a fitness wearable designed for runners. The Polar Pacer Pro:
- Measures your Vo2 max (the maximum amount of oxygen your body can utilize during exercise)
- Offers heart rate technology trusted by runners for more than 40 years
- Allows you to set your running pace
- Monitors your effort to help you keep the right intensity throughout your run
- Enables you to determine when to run and when to rest, to prevent injury
If running is your favorite exercise method, the Polar Pacer Pro is the best choice.
WHOOP! There it is! WHOOP is one of the most advanced health and fitness trackers. Thanks to their “Any-wear” line, the device can be worn on your wrist or elsewhere on your body. WHOOP monitors your:
- Daily effort
- Blood oxygen
- Skin temperature
This information is collated in the app, where you can check for actionable tips to improve your performance. Working out seven days a week isn’t suitable for your body. WHOOP tells you when to rest and when to push for the best results.
Which piece of gym tech will you choose to track your progress and encourage your success?
No matter which fitness wearable you choose, the most important part is moving your body! The team at Enhancewell Fitness is ready to help you reach your fitness goals through virtual group classes or private sessions.